I love this sign!
I liked Sarah’s post from earlier this week, where she wrote a great long list of things that make her happy.
Because I love both lists and talking about things that make me happy, here’s a selection of what’s currently making me smile, along with some photographs from my weekend spent walking miles across London, eating street food and buying vests with pictures of bikes on the front:
- Long, lazy brunches involving eggs, newspapers and coffee. Like the one (above) which I enjoyed earlier today at this trendy East London eatery. Those eggs? They were perfect.
- This song.
- Finding a context in which it’s appropriate to use a new word I’ve learned. My current mission is to fit ‘obstreperous’ or its close cousin ‘rumbustious’ into a sentence. That would make me really happy.
- Pounding the streets of a new city and wondering what it might be like to live there.
- Audiobooks. Mainly because reading while walking to work or sitting on the bus makes me feel incredibly efficient and like I’m winning at life (I’m currently listening to this).
- Coffee shops that are also bookshops. The two go so well together.
- Really brilliant nights out that you weren’t expecting to be really brilliant. The kind that take on a life of their own and make you feel like anything is possible.
- That worn, weary but delighted feeling I get after a day spent climbing hills. You know, the one where your cheeks are flushed and healthy and a fish finger sandwich accompanied by a cup of tea and a hot shower is all you want in the world?
- Making plans. To do almost anything.
- The fact that I have no idea what I’ll be doing, or where I’ll be living by the time this year is up. I should probably be more worried than excited about this, but I’m totally more excited.
- Flowers. Always.